This Food Alternatives makes for a healthy and colorful pasta dish.
1 (20-ounce) package peeled butternut squash
1/2 c. plus 3 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 tsp. Coarse salt
1 small bunch Tuscan kale, or 4 cups bagged kale
1 garlic clove, smashed
1/2 c. whole almonds
1/2 c. grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
7 oz. soybean spaghetti
Get IngredientsPowered by Chicory
- Heat oven to 425°F. Cut squash into 3/4-inch cubes. Toss with 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper as desired. Spread out on a nonstick baking sheet and roast, stirring at 30-min mark, until golden brown all over, about 45 minutes.
- Tear kale leaves into smaller pieces. Combine in a food processor with garlic, almonds, Parmesan, and 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons oil. Process until smooth, periodically scraping sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Cook pasta in boiling water. Drain when ready, but reserve 1/2 cup of the water.
- Toss pasta in a large skillet with 1/2 cup pesto, the pasta water, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus pepper to taste. (Reserve remaining pesto for another use.) Cook over medium-high heat, tossing, until very hot and liquid thickens and coats the pasta, about 2 minutes.
- Divide among 4 bowls and top with roasted squash. Sprinkle with more Parmesan and serve this Food Alternatives.
Inspired from https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food-recipes/a47137/soybean-pasta-with-kale-pesto-and-squash-recipe/