Almonds are HUGE in Italian dessert recipes . We grind 'em, make flour from them, sliver them, and chop them. We definitely find a way to use almonds in a majority of our Italian cakes and cookies.
Make the effort to write it on your grocery list! They are not tough to find!
I have this cake baking while we are eating dinner. It is fantastic when it is warm and right out of the oven. And IF YOU HAVE LEFTOVERS - the next day it slices like a moist thick sugar cooki
Almond Cake Recipe
YIELD: 1 Moist Almond Cake
* 3/4 cups of butter
* 1 1/2 cups of sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
* 1 1/2 cups of flour Topping:
* 1 Tbsp sugar
* 3/4 cup of SLICED almonds
* Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
* Melt butter.
* Pour melted butter in a bowl and stir in sugar. Stir it.
* Add eggs (see it really is one bowl).
* Stir till creamy.
* Add all other ingredients (but not the topping ingredients!).
* Grease bottom and sides of pan. I use a springform - but you can use a 9 inch also.
* Spread the batter in the pan.
* Sprinkle the almonds over the top and add sprinkle the sugar.
* Bake for 40 mins.