Adelenne has made a wonderful Coffee Mocha Cake, and it is so delicious and moist she just had to come and share it on Lovefoodies for you all to enjoy!
It’s VERY easy to make and the results are very pleasing. It turns out moist with a wonderful flavour of coffee and chocolate.
1 1/4 cup of freshly brewed coffee
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
I box of Betty Crocker super moist chocolate cake
1 1/2 cup of whipped cream
1 tsp castor or fine sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3 Tablespoons Hershey chocolate sauce (optional, I just like the taste in the frosting)
1. Heat oven to 350 F / 180 / Gas 4. Line and grease two 9 inch round tins.
2. Put cake mix and all the other ingredients in a mixer and beat at low for 30 secs. Turn to medium speed and beat for two mins.
3. Divide equally in the tins and bake for 35-40 mins or until skewer comes out clean. Cool on wire racks.
4. For frosting, beat cream sugar and chocolate sauce till soft peaks.
5. Add cocoa powder and beat till almost stiff peaks.
6. To assemble, put one layer of the cake on a plate and spread a little frosting and put the second layer over. Use your hand to press down the two layers.
7. Spread a thin layer all over the cake to crumb coat it. Chill for 20 mins.
8. Put the remaining frosting into a piping bag and just snip the end off.
9. To decorate, make three dollops of frosting on the side of the cake. Use a small spatula to gently swipe across them. Put three more dots near to the end of this and swipe again with the spatula. Do this all around the cake.
Towards the end, just add three dots as its too near the first three that you started with. Do the same with the top, start from the outside working your way to the centre.
Just add a dot of frosting in the middle of the cake to finish it.