loveds these cookies. I actually placed a small piece of pineapple on top of the coconut. Oh WOW. I will definitely make these again. I might add pieces of cranberries the next time!!
HAWAIIAN PINEAPPLE COCONUT COOKIES
10 min PREP (INC. REFRIGERATION & REST TIME)
18 min COOK TIME
28 min TOTAL TIME
- 2 C all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 C shortening
- 1 1/4 C sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp imitation almond extract (safest for our nut allergy house)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 C crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1/2 C shredded coconut, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a separate bowl, use an electric hand or stand mixer to cream shortening, sugar and extracts together. Beat in the egg until mixture is fluffy.
- Blend in the pineapple and flour mixture. Drop by teaspoonfuls 3 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let cookies rest on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
HAWAIIAN PINEAPPLE COCONUT COOKIES EVERYONE
4/ 5Oleh more