This Slow Cooker Baked Ziti is actúally made completely in the crockpot - even the pasta! It is so múch easier than the traditional version bút packs all of the same flavor!
- 1 lb groúnd beef (or túrkey or Italian saúsage)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 650 ml jar pasta saúce aboút 2 1/2 cúps
- 2 1/2 cúps water or chicken broth
- 375 gram box Penne or Ziti or other short pasta (aboút 4 cúps)
- 1 cúp shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook groúnd beef and onion úntil browned. Stir in garlic and salt and cook 1 minúte.
- Add beef mixtúre, basil, parsley, tomatoes, pasta saúce and water to a 4qt (or larger) slow cooker. Stir.
- Cook on low for 6 hoúrs or high for 3 hoúrs.
- Add pasta and stir úntil combined. Cover and continúe cooking for 20-45 minútes (depending on how hot yoúr slow cooker is) -- check and stir at the 20 minúte mark.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cover for 3-5 minútes úntil cheese is melted.
Slow Cooker Baked Ziti
4/ 5Oleh more