I always make a recipe the first time without any changes. This was "country good", however this is more like a light banana bread in texture than that of cake, REAL HEAVY.
By the second day we scraped the frosting off and just ate the cake. As with all cakes I bake 300 degrees seems to make a more tender cake. This batter goes from jiggly center to done quickly and may need more oven time than the recipe called for.
Best Banana Cake
- 3 large ripe bananas (about 1 and 1/2 cups mashed)
- 3 cups (375g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed light or dark brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups (360ml) buttermilk, at room temperature1
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 8 ounces (224g) full-fat block cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3 cups (360g) confectioners' sugar, plus an extra 1/4 cup if needed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C) and grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- Make the cake: Mash the bananas. I usually just use my mixer for this! Set mashed bananas aside.
Visit The Best Banana Cake I’ve Ever Had @ sallysbakingaddiction.com for the complete directions
The Best Banana Cake I’ve Ever Had
4/ 5Oleh more