Wonderfully delicious and rich with the cherries really enhancing the fudge! It was definitely a hit for Christmas 2 more days! I made this exactly according to the recipe. It was definitely very soft but I didn't think it was too bad. However, I'd still adjust the recipe to use more cocoa powder and marshmellow cream. I'd also try adding more coke and maybe even more cherries. As I said, it tasted amazing. The cherries really made it something special.
I listened to the other reviews and added an extra half a bag of vanilla extracts, so it wouldn't be too soft. Still turned out slightly softer than I like, will add whole bag next time. Tasted great, everyone loved it.
Cherry Coke Fudge
- ¾ cup butter
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp cherry gelatin (Jell-O)
- 1 12 oz bag white baking chips
- 7 oz jar marshmallow creme
- 1 tsp cherry or vanilla extract
- 1 10 oz jar maraschino cherries, drained
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp Coca-Cola
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cut the cherries into quarters. Pat with a paper towel over and over again to remove as much moisture as possible. Continuing patting with a paper towel until there isn't any more moisture. Set aside.
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick foil. Set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar, and heavy cream in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Once at a full boil, continue boiling for 3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add cherry gelatin and stir continuously, boiling for another 2 to 3 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in white baking chips. (I use a whisk to get out all the lumps.)
- Stir in marshmallow creme and cherry or vanilla extract.
- Fold in dry maraschino cherries.
- Pour into prepared pan and let cool to room temperature and then refrigerate.
- Place powdered sugar in a heat-proof bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, unsweetened cocoa, and Coca-Cola over medium heat.
- Bring just to a boil and pour over powdered sugar. Whisk until combined and smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and continue whisking or stirring to combine.
- Immediately pour over chilled fudge. Use an Chill for 20 minutes or until frosting has set.
- Cut into small pieces and serve.
Read more >>> Cherry Coke Fudge @ momontimeout.com
Cherry Coke Fudge
4/ 5Oleh more