This was awesome and delicious. I omitted the bread and served over a fresh bed of Arugula. I added thinly sliced red onions to the sauce and used both red and yellow cherry tomatoes. I used more cayenne pepper to my liking. I did not have any grape-seed oil so I grilled the swordfish on a lightly oiled (canola) grill. Before grilling, I seasoned the steaks with lemon, salt and pepper. I served this with the Spicy Bacon-Wrapped Scallops from this site. Great recipe. Thanks for sharing.
I've been making steak for many years. This is my all-time favorite recipe. Outstanding flavor and very easy to make. I followed the recipe exactly except I didn't have cherry/grape tomatoes, just regular tomatoes. It turned out GREAT! The grilled bread adds a terrific flavor. My husband wants me to make it again and to try it with other meat.
This is fantastic. The grilled bread and at the vinaigrette are over the top with the fish. Made for company and they went crazy for it. Outstanding.
Holiday Steak Bruschetta
Prep time: 30 mins, Total time: 1 hour 30 mins
1.5 lb beef tenderloin roast
salt & pepper
1 loaf baguette, sourdough, asiago loaf, or bread of choice, sliced
6 shallots, sliced not minced
½ cup butter + 4 tbsp for cooking shallots
Seasonal Thyme Mayo:
1 cup mayonnaise (Hellmann's)
¼ cup fig jam
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp fresh thyme
- Heat 3 tbsp of butter (or use oil) on medium heat then add the shallots, stir until coated, add a pinch of salt (speeds up caramelizing process) and brown them until caramelized. Caramelizing onions brings out their amazing natural flavor. Make sure the pan doesn't get too hot or the butter will burn. Continue this process of cooking and deglazing until the onions have reached the color, flavor, and texture you desire.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rub roast with olive oil and season with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Melt ½ cup butter on medium/high heat in a skillet. Add roast once the pan is hot (it should sizzle upon adding or the pan is not hot enough and you will get tougher meat from the steaming).
- Flip the roast to brown each side, including the ends. You want a nice brown "crust" on each side. Use tongs for this.
- Add more butter as you go, if needed, as to not let the pan get dry.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and tent it with foil to keep warm. Let is rest on counter for 10 minutes.
- Slice thin.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until combined.
- Saute 2 tbsp butter in skillet. Add bread slices, in one layer. Pan fry on both sides until a nice golden brown color.
- Spread thyme mayo on on bread slice. Place slices of beef (1 or 2 depending on size of bread slices) on top. Top with a spoonful of the caramelized shallots and a piece of fresh thyme (optional).
READ MORE >>>>> Holiday Steak Bruschetta @ wishesndishes.com
Holiday Steak Bruschetta
4/ 5Oleh more