These little pies are a huge hit at several Seattle bakeries, so I was inspired to make my own. Use a mini muffin pan to ensure the pies easily lift out of the cups after baking. Make your own crust, or use prepared refrigerated pie crust. Use fluted or straight-edged cookie cutters to cut out the pops. Vary the filling based your favorite pies. Cute and tasty wins the day.
The directions are simple to follow. Do pay attention to not overfilling them. Some of them can start pouring out like a blueberry volcano! I added 1 cup fresh blackberries to the filling and used 1/3 cup sugar. I also made a glaze of powdered sugar and milk and drizzled over them as soon as they came out of the oven and then topped with sprinkles. They looked like spring treats. I will be making these again.
These are delicious and adorable! Had them at work, and they just flew out of the coffee room. Anyone who was 2 seconds late missed out. You can make them in any pie flavor.
MINI BLUEBERRY PIES
- Two 9" Frozen Pie Crusts, defrosted
- 1 Jar of Blueberry Jam
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup Icing Sugar (heaping)
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Remove the defrosted pie crusts from the tin and carefully place on the counter.
- Use a rolling pin to gently flatten them out (but don't roll them thinner).
- Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut 10 hearts out of each pie crust.
- Place half the hearts on a silicon baking mat. Set the other half aside.
- Add a generous spoonful of blueberry jam to the middle of each heart.
- Beat the egg and add a small splash of water to it.
- Using your finger (or a small brush), spread the egg on the heart so that it completely covers all of the exposed crust around the jam.
- Place another heart over top of the jam and gently press down with your fingers to line it up and start sealing it.
- Press down around the edges with a fork to seal it all in.
- Brush the egg mixture on top of each of the hearts.
- Bake at 350F for 20 to 30 minutes. Keep watching. Mine were done at about 23 minutes.
- For the glaze, add the icing sugar to a bowl, and slowly stir in the milk until it's a smooth, slightly runny consistency. Drizzle over the hearts while they are still warm.
READ MORE >>> MINI BLUEBERRY PIES @ onelittleproject.com
MINI BLUEBERRY PIES
4/ 5Oleh more