I'll give it this, it was a pretty good mug cake for the most part. The chocolate are totally unnecessary and made one of the cakes an oozy, nasty, under cooked, mess. I can totally live without this one. I had this at friend's house and had to have the recipe! He didn't know where he got it but he knows the date - it was on the receipt he wrote the recipe on. Great when you want just one serving of dessert.
MOLTEN CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
Takes 5 minutes from start to finish, and tastes like a cross between a molten lava cake and a chocolate soufflé! With a moist, cakey outside and a gooey, saucy inside, it's hard to believe it's made in the MICROWAVE!
Serves: 1 large Mug or small bowl (enough for 2 to share)
¼ cup flour
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Hershey's)
½ teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
3 tablepoons (1½oz) melted butter
3 tablespoons whole milk, at room temperature
1 smallish egg, at room temperature
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 oz (28 grams) semisweet chocolate, lightly broken up
1 tablespoon water
- In a 2-cup capacity microwave-safe mug* (see note), whisk together with a fork, the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt until well combined.
- Add in the melted butter, milk, egg and vanilla. Whisk well to combine, making sure to mix in the flour mixture in the bottom.
- Place the chocolate pieces in the center of the mug. Do not push down; it will sink as it bakes.
- Drizzle the tablespoon of water right on top of the batter.
- Cook in microwave on full power for 1 minute and 20 seconds to 2 minutes (1 minute and 25 seconds is my magic number), or until the cake rises to the top, the edges look set but the center looks ever-so-slighly wet and shiny but not raw, and sticks slightly to the finger when touched. Do NOT overbake to ensure that saucy, molten-y interior. If the center still looks raw then give it another 5 to 10 seconds. The cake will fall after it comes out of the microwave.
- Let it cool for about 5 minutes so you don't burn your tongue, but the waiting also help thicken the sauce in the bottom.
- Share with a loved one or enjoy all by yourself...not gonna judge:))
* A short mug with a wide mouth works best for this recipe. If not available, a small bowl could be used instead. To know if your mug/or bowl is the right size, pour 2 cups of water in it and this should fill it to the top.
* If trying to avoid the microwave, this cake could be baked in a 400F/200C oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
Read more >> Molten Chocolate Mug Cake @ cleobuttera.com
Molten Chocolate Mug Cake
4/ 5Oleh more