very easy to make, very yummy and a very good gift to give... I did do this as directed the first time but found a few changes couldn't hurt. I found that using candy canes gave it a much better look. it crushes more to the red side verses the round are more to the white. I also added in 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract to give it a kick to the white chocolate mix after I had melted the chocolate. I also freeze it until I am ready to eat or give out as gifts and it tastes great! This is very simple, very easy to make. the price to make this is so much better then buying it to give out as gifts.
I altered this recipe slightly as it was the basic recipe that I use to make homemade fudge every year during the holidays. I melted the first batch of semi-sweet chocolate added a can of sweetened condensed milk and some peppermint extract. I allowed it to see for about a half an hour to fourty minutes and worked on the second layer made of white chocolate. I prepared it the same way I did with the semi sweet and gently covered the first layer. The last or top layer was made with milk chocolate prepared the same way and spread gently over the white chocolate. I then chopped up a small box of candy canes and sprinkled them over the top. My husband loved it! I will definatly be making this again!
Peppermint Bark Cheesecake
For peppermint bark:
4 oz. high quality white chocolate, broken into pieces
4 oz. high quality semi-sweet chocolate, broken into pieces
1 teaspoon vegetable, coconut, or canola oil-divided
¼ teaspoon peppermint extract, divided
⅓ cup candy cane-crushed
For Oreo crust:
24 Oreo cookies(with the filling)-finely crushed
5 tablespoons unsalted butter-melted
For cheesecake filling:
4 - 8oz cream cheese-softened
1 ¼ cups sugar
¾ cup sour cream
3 tablespoons flour
¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tsp peppermint extract
peppermint bark –chopped into small pieces
For white chocolate ganache:
5.5oz. high quality white chocolate-finely chopped
½ cup heavy cream
¾ cup whipped cream
Crushed candy cane or hard peppermint candies
dark chocolate pieces
To make peppermint bark:
- Melt 4 oz. high quality white chocolate broken into pieces with ½ vegetable oil, stir in ⅛ teaspoon peppermint extract and spread onto parchment paper lined tray or baking sheet. Place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Melt 4 oz. high quality semi-sweet chocolate broken into pieces with ½ vegetable oil, stir in ⅛ teaspoon peppermint extract and spread onto white chocolate layer, sprinkle with crushed candy cane and place in the freezer .
- It’s better do this step a day or at least a few hours ahead!!!
- When the bark is chilled completely, cut it into small pieces and save it in the freezer until ready to make the cake.
To make the crust:
- Line the bottom of 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper and grease the sides of the pan, then place springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil and securely wrap foil around pan to make sure no water gets in during the baking.
- Combine finely crushed Oreo crumbs and melted butter, then press the mixture evenly into bottom of 9 inch springform pan. Set in the fridge to firm the crust while making the filling.
To make the filling:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, flour, salt and extracts. Add eggs one at a time and beat on low speed just until combined.
- Toss chopped frozen peppermint bark with 1 tablespoon flour, then gently stir the pieces into the cheesecake filling and pour over the Oreo crust, smooth the top and place springform pan in a large roasting pan and add 1 inch of hot water to larger pan.
- Reduce temperature to 325 degrees and bake the cake for 70-90 minutes (until center is just set and top appears dull).Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven for additional 30 minutes.
- Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
To make white chocolate ganache:
- Bring heavy cream just to a boil, and pour over chopped chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Cool and pour over the cheesecake. When the ganache is set run a thin knife around the edge of the cake and remove sides of pan.
- Garnish with whipped cream, crushed candy cane and chopped chocolate.
- Store in the fridge.
READ MORE >>>>> Peppermint Bark Cheesecake @ lilluna.co
Peppermint Bark Cheesecake
4/ 5Oleh more