This cake was the most moist cake I've ever made. I am just getting into baking. My husband loved it!! He helped me and could not stop eating it. Will make my own modifications and use again.
Red Velvet Crepe Cake
1 ¼ cups (155gr) all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons (15gr) unsweetened cocoa powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup (50gr) sugar
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup (240ml) milk, at room temperature
½ cup (120ml) buttermilk, at room temperature
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon red gel food coloring
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
For cream cheese filling:
8oz (225gr) cream cheese, at room temperature
¼ cup (55gr) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 ½ cups (190gr) powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Sprinkles for decoration, if desired
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt and sugar.
- In a mixing bowl with whisk attachment, or using a handheld electric mixer, or by hand, beat the eggs for 1 minute. Add milk, buttermilk, vanilla extract and gel coloring. Beat the mixture for 3 minutes. Add the flour mixture and beat on medium low speed just until combined, 1-2 minutes. Don’t overmix, or the batter will get tough and rubbery! Cover with plastic wrap so it touches the surface of the batter. Let it sit for 30 minutes. When ready to fry the crepes, whisk in the vegetable oil.
- Heat 10-inch non-stick skillet over medium high heat. (The bottom of my 10-inch pan measures 7 inches, which means the crepes will be 7-inch round.) Place a little less than ¼ cup of batter into the hot pan, quickly swirl the pan so the batter is evenly covers the bottom of the pan. In about 1 minute, when the edges of the crepe start to pull away, flip it over using a spatula. Cook for about 30 seconds or so and stack the crepes on a plate. You'll get about 20 crepes. Cool the crepes completely. You can wrap the crepes with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to a day
- To make the cream cheese filling, beat the cream cheese and butter in a medium mixing bowl with paddle attachment, or using handheld electric mixer. Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk and mix until smooth, starting on low speed and slowly increasing the speed to medium high.
- To assemble the cake, spread heaping one tablespoon of cream cheese filling on a crepe. Place another crepe on top and spread another heaping tablespoon of the filling. Repeat until all crepes are used. Top with sprinkles, if desired. Serve immediately, or store in airtight container in the fridge. Bring the cake to room temperature before serving.
Read More >> Red Velvet Crepe Cake @ sweetandsavorybyshinee.com
Red Velvet Crepe Cake
4/ 5Oleh more