I have made this recipe twice, once as written and once using raspberries instead of strawberries (though I just used the puree and did not add chunks of fruit). I would, however, recommend not using a pie plate as the recipe calls for but rather just a square or rectangular baking dish.
The brownies tested done with a toothpick in the pie plate but when I took them out and later cut them, they were still way too gooey in the middle. I ended up putting them back in the oven for an additional 15 minutes to firm them up a little.
Excellent brownies! My first experience with strawberry brownies - will make again. I did purée all of the berries, although added a layer of sliced berries on bottom thinking it would look nice inverted - bad idea. The bottom was just soggy. Lesson learned. I also added some mini semisweet chocolate chips which was a better idea.
1 box strawberry cake mix (I use Duncan Hines)
1/3 cup oil
1 cup powdered sugar
1 -2 TB water or milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 8" square baking pan with parchment (and spray with Pam).
- Mix strawberry cake mix, eggs, and oil with hand mixer until well combined.
- Spread batter evenly into pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until just set; be careful not to overcook.
- Allow brownies to cool for 10 minutes; lift carefully from pan using ends of parchment to lift.
- Mix powdered sugar and water until smooth. Add just enough water until thick but spreadable.
- Pour glaze over brownies, spreading to edges so that glaze will drip down sides.
- Allow brownies to cool and glaze to set before cutting into squares.
Read more >>> Strawberry Brownies @ familysavvy.com
4/ 5Oleh more