These should be renamed "Cookies and Cream Truffles" Do definately use the food processor: Throw all the sandwich cookies in the processor, puree, then throw in the softened cream cheese, let it go until is completely mixed. Then refridgerate the dough! You can make perfect balls in you do this. I roll the balls, place them on wax paper on a tray in the freezer while I roll more. Then I dip the chilled balls. It's not very speedy but they look nicer.
Wonderful!!!! I have made them 3 times already and everyone loves them. I even had a 16 year old boy ask me for the recipe. I rolled the balls and then put them in my freezer for 15 - 20 minutes. When you dip them in the white chocolate they don't fall apart and the chocolate sets up very fast. Try them you'll love them!!!
Vanilla Creme Balls
Yield: Makes about 90-100 creme balls
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
4 cups powder sugar
1 lb. high quality chocolate (I use ghiredelli or hersheys bars)
1 lb sliced almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- In a mixing bowl combine the butter, condensed milk, vanilla, powder sugar and salt. Mix well and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes, or until firm enough to handle.
- Roll the dough into small, 1/2 tsp balls and place on a lined baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze cream balls overnight, or at least for 8 hours. (Cream balls can be frozen in an airtight container for several weeks. It's a great time saver to make these ahead of time!)
- While cream is in the freezer you can toast the almonds (this can also be done in advance).
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced almonds and cook, tossing gently, until they begin to toast golden brown. This should only take a few minutes. Be careful not to let them burn. Allow to cool and then use your hands to gently crush them into very pieces, into a bowl. Set aside until you're ready to use them.
- Once the cream filling is frozen, melt your chocolate. I like to melt mine in the microwave, on low power, in 15 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until smooth.
- Dip frozen balls in chocolate, then in almonds. This is great to do with a companion, if you can, so it goes faster. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
READ MORE >>>> Vanilla Creme Balls @ tastesbetterfromscratch.com
Vanilla Creme Balls
4/ 5Oleh more