Incredibly good!! I used Peggy Ellender's tips on cheesecake making and NO cracks, amazing crust, and followed recipe as is. Graham cracker crust is baked for 10 min. @ 350. Cool before pouring in cheesecake mixture. For cooking, I didn't try to wrap Springform pan w/foil, I put a cookie sheet with water in it on the bottom rack, and preheated to 350 (same as crust), turn to 250 soon as cheesecake goes in for 1.5 hrs. Turn off and leave in oven (door closed) for 3 hours for slow cooling. Refrigerate, then before serving, add blueberries. I used way more than 1/3 cup jelly! This is an AMAZINGLY good recipe and 3rd time I followed above. Store bought quality with ALL organic ingredients.
A very easy and delicious cheesecake recipe!! I only changed 1 thing in the recipe and that was to double the amount of jelly in order to completely cover all of the frozen blueberries - you need to seal all of the blueberries! I made this for a family birthday party and everyone loved it. I'll definitely be making this one again!!
Yummy Blueberry Cheesecake
For the crust
18 Graham Cracker Squares, crushed (or digestives - about 10 - roughly 1 1/2 cups when crushed)
1 (2.5 - 3oz) packet of Pecans or Walnuts, crushed (roughly 3/4 cup)
1 Tablespoon Sugar
6 Tablespoons unsalted Butter, melted
For the Cheesecake
Three 8-ounce blocks/packages Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
1 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
For the sauce/topping
3/4 cup Water
1 pint plus 1/2 cup Blueberries
2-3 Tablespoons Sugar, or to taste (I like it sweet-tangy)
Zest of 1 lemon plus juice of 1/2 lemon
- To make the crust, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until evenly moistened. Press the crumb mixture into a greased 9-inch springform pan using the smooth bottom of a glass. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese in medium speed until soft, creamy and completely smooth (no lumps). Add the sugar slowly and continue to beat until the mixture is smooth. Add the eggs one at a time (this is very important) beating well after each addition. Pour in the vanilla extract and beat again until it's well mixed. Frequently scrape the sides of the mixing bowl to ensure that there are no lumps remaining on the side or at the bottom. Patience is the key here - it may take awhile to do all the above but the result would be a very silky smooth cheesecake and not a lumpy one.
- Pour the cheesecake batter onto the prepared springform pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. The cake will brown on the edges and may even crack on the middle but that's perfectly fine. If you don't like the appearance of cracks, try to bake the cheesecake using a water bath. I don't worry much about this as the cheesecake would be covered on top with the sauce anyway. Besides, the browning, sinking or cracking won't affect the cheesecake's taste one bit. When done, transfer the cake to a rack and cool completely. Refrigerate. The cake can be done two days ahead.
- To make the sauce, in a small saucepan add all the ingredients and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the fruit begins to break down and the sauce has thickened slightly. Leave to cool before spreading on cheesecake.
- To serve, transfer the cheesecake to a serving platter. Spoon the blueberry sauce onto each slice of cake. Enjoy thoroughly.
Yield: 10-12 slices
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 Hour
Total Time: 1 Hour and 30 Minutes plus chilling time
READ MORE >>>>> Yummy Blueberry Cheesecake @ manilaspoon.com
Yummy Blueberry Cheesecake
4/ 5Oleh more